Victorian Art & Design
The answers to questions 1-5 will be found by reading 'Burne-Jones 1835-1898 Introduction', the other questions by reading 'Paintings by Burne-Jones'.
1. Where did Burne-Jones first meet Morris?
2. What interest did they share?
3. How did they find out about the Pre-Raphaelites?
4. What Pre-Raphaelite painting did they greatly admire?
5. What kind of drawings did Burne-Jones do in the 1850s?
6. What type of paintings did Burne-Jones do in the 1860s?
7. What do the letters O.W.C.S. stand for?
8. Why did Burne-Jones resign from the O.W.C.S.?
9. Why did Burne-Jones suddenly become famous in 1877?
10. Name two of the paintings which he exhibited in 1877?
William Morris Quiz: Pre-Raphaelite Quiz: Books on Burne-Jones